|Job Description : Domestic Assistant|
|Do you have a kind, compassionate nature? Searching for a more rewarding role?|
- Hourly Pay: £8.80, including paid breaks.
- Location:Ashford, Kent
- Hours: Full time, Part time temporary*
- Shifts: Day shift 8am to 8.00pm
We are currently recruiting for our prestigious client who is committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.
The key responsibilities of our Domestic Assistants include:
- To carry out daily cleaning routines as scheduled.
- To carry out cleaning tasks as per rota.
- To handle and remove waste in line with segregation processes and procedures
- To unpack and stack all linen and laundry.
- To regenerate cook/chill meals recording the temperatures of food at stages defined as appropriate within the relevant wards.
- To ensure kitchen equipment, regeneration equipment and all surfaces are clean at all times.
- To ensure food is ready to be served at the correct times for service and all waste food is discarded immediately after service.
- To ensure the dining room is cleaned after each meal.
- To wash-up and account for all cutlery and crockery and kitchen utensils after meals and breaks.
- Ensure all food items are correctly stored and there are adequate supplies.
- To follow hygiene regulations.
- To follow Health & Safety regulations.
Other duties associated with ward activities.
- To provide cover for colleagues during absences.
- To ensure cleaning trolleys are fully stocked with sufficient cleaning materials, equipment to clean each area.
- To ensure all cleaning materials are used as directed and secured securely and safely in compliance with COSHH regulations.
- Observes proper procedures upon entering a patients room
- Report any damages or hazards that are present in patient room, i.e., burnt out light bulbs, broken furniture, broken fixtures, etc. to management
- To ensure that all equipment used is fit for purpose and report any damaged or out of date PAT tested machinery to management.
- To ensure proper procedures are followed when cleaning in patient areas
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relevant to the role
- To ensure that all mandatory training and task specific training is attended as required for the role
- To be aware of local health & Safety procedures including fire evacuation procedures.
- To report personal accidents or injuries to head housekeeper to ensure recorded on incident register
- Follow safety and security policies and procedures specific to service
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures
- Utilises protective equipment
- Report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Head Housekeeper
- Attend Trust orientation and training
- To carry out any additional related duties requested by management
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Who we’re looking for
- Will have knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Previous cleaning experience
- Will demonstrate an interest in Learning/Further Training
- Be able to follow instructions and work in a team
Qualita Healthcare and Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
For further information, please call to speak to one of our dedicated Recruitment Team.