Social Worker (Children’s Social Care)
|Job Description : Social Worker (Children’s Social Care)|
|Our client who is based in the heart of London is currently recruiting experienced Social Workers to join their children’s team.|
- Salary: £35k per annum
- Location: London
- Hours: Full time, Permanent*
- Reports to: Team Manager/Practice Manager
You will provide high quality statutory social work services to children, young people and their families / carers to ensure an environment which safeguards and promotes their welfare and enables children wherever possible to remain within their family and community.
As an Experienced Social Worker, you will provide an environment where your practice will flourish to contribute to positive outcomes for our children and young people. You will work within small friendly teams, have a manageable caseload, and be provided with strong learning resources. You will also receive extra personal support from an advanced practitioner, bespoke learning and development and excellent post-qualifying opportunities through the clients Social Care Academy.
- Manage an allocated social work caseload relating to children, young people and families within the locality, including child protection and court work.
- Prepare for, and participate in, planned work relating to court and court orders effectively and within appropriate timescales.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures; with consideration to both the Framework for Assessment and risk in order to inform analysis and plans.
- Identify children in need who may also be in need of protection and effectively safeguard them.
- Assess the needs of children and young people and determine an appropriate level of intervention and service provision, including packages of support for families.
- Negotiating, coordinating and providing and/or commissioning services as appropriate.
- Gather information for referrals to assist in the determination of whether there is a need for intervention within the continuum of need and a referral recorded with Children’s Social Care.
- Ensure the needs and wishes of children are fully addressed in the assessment and planning process and that there is evidence of children and young people’s participation.
- Share responsibility for planned intervention and service provision with partners, participating in informal case reviews which will include the full range of statutory meetings and other planned meetings as necessary.
- Comply with the service-specific administrative and financial procedures including the maintenance of appropriate and up-to-date records.
- Liaise with designated line manager and comply with service requirements regarding supervision, undertaking continuous professional development and attendance at formal training.
- Be aware and responsive to the differing needs of all groups within the community.
In return for your hard work, skills, knowledge and experience, you will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- Flexible working opportunities with hybrid working and top of the range technology.
- A manageable caseload.
- A fantastic, modern working environment in the award-winning Civic Centre building.
- 25 days of annual leave (rising to days for those with continuous service of more than five years)
- Access to a comprehensive benefits package
Interview & Selection
There is a two step interview process.
Interview Stage 1
- 1st interview is with us as the recruiting agency. If you are successful –
- You will be asked join a cohort and complete mandatory coaching, interview preparation and UK orientation training. This program is being run by a Social work specialist consultancy that is external to our business. The cost for this is £500 per candidate and *this cost is non refundable.
- If not already done so, at this stage you will be asked to commence registration with Social Work England (SWE). We highly recommend that you commence registration with Social Work England as soon as possible.
- We will commence background checks including reference checks.
Please note that both 1 and 2 above have cost implications and this is the responsibility of candidates.
Interview Stage 2
On completion of the above, your CV will be submitted to the client. The client will select the candidates that they would like to interview. This is the second and final interview. At this stage we hope that our candidates will be ready for the interview as they would have undergone training, coaching, mock interviews and CV reviews.
If you are successful in the second and final interview with the client there will be a requirement for us to
- Apply for a UK Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Proceed to issue a formal job offer letter on behalf of the client.
Social Worker (Children’s Social Care)
|Have a relevant social work degree.Registration with Social Work England.|
|Have a minimum of two years experience is a similar social work role.|
|Essential knowledge, skills & abilities|
|Knowledge of child development skills in working effectively with children and families in varied and complex circumstances and verbal communication skills. |
Ability to use basic computer technology to learn and understand theoretical concepts, and legal frameworks and to work within policy and procedure.
Ability to value diversity by treating people as individuals, valuing their input and contribution and working across cultures.
Ability to work with a varied workload and to manage timetables and demands.
Ability to use supervision positively and to contribute to the performance managementProcess.
Ability to work as an effective team member ability to respond positively and effectively to children and their families, promoting ‘working in partnership’ at all times ability to work in partnership with other professionals/agencies ability to respond positively to training and development opportunities.
Good knowledge of relevant legislation skills in assessment of children and families and developing packages of support
|Other essential requirements|
|Commitment to equality and diversity|
Commitment to health and safety
Display the Client’s values and behaviours at all times and actively promote them in others
For further information, please call to speak to one of our dedicated Recruitment Team.